10 Tips For Decorating With Wall Art
10 Tips for Decorating With Wall Art Č 1. Decide what you like and want.
This can be difficult when trying to decorate a single room. What do you like? What is your style? Are you more traditional, contemporary perhaps a country cottage? Do you like large, framed paintings or smaller, silhouette work of unusual materialed artist? It may be that you like different artwork together in the same arranged room, perhaps you like it well and you have been told that one of the colors in a piece is to be used for the furniture in the room.
What is your personality? Do you like to see color and color with lighting, texture? What are your favorite artwork, pain or sculpture? How do you see the room, lighting and color? What are your favorite decorating objects? All of these answers are part of what you, as an artist, need to think about and consider. Whether you like bold schemes, muted color choices, natural materials, unique shapes or groupings of items together, you need to think this through individually.
2.00 Unless it is a large room, consider using lighter colors on walls to achieve a feeling of comfort and serenity.
The idea is to create a light, airy room that is easy for you and your family to enjoy. This leaves your mind free to reflecting on things that you like, or things that you want to acknowledge are important.
3. Close all or most of the windows in your room to avoid a breathing room feeling by the open window, or in the air. This can be done if there are any other windows, even on the opposite side of the room. It is also a good idea to avoid a window that gets sunshine during the day.
Our eyes reflect light better during sunlight hours. So it is beneficial to have skylights if you choose to have them if you may have the option or you may consider a window that allows for day light to be added.
If you have rental buildings and the walls are painted they are often painted darker colors, this may be something that you will want to consider.
4. Next you will want to consider any tall artwork, items that are the centerpiece of the room, or piece of art that rules the entire room.
Certain works of art will be suited to a particular setting. A rooms that has a very vibrant color for example could work well with a black piece of art or brighter colored pieces. If your room has a very muted and calming color the piece of art should be in a complimentary color to it.
5. If you are going to be buying new artwork look for a dominant color in the room that you will want to have selected for your artwork. It could be a room in which you want to have your piece of art the dominant color, or a part of one of your rooms where you will have a prominent color.
6. It will be a good idea to find out how much you can expect to spend on the art work over the phone. That way you will be prepared and ready to get started. This will help your research according to what your budget is.
Remember you will need to find something that you feel that is right for you. There are plenty of painting options from local vendors or art galleries.
7. Next you will want to make sure that is understand what you are looking for in a frame and how you will want it displayed. If paint isn’t drying well there are oils that will not be removed, if you are getting a frame with many colors in it it will be important you know which of these colors.
8. If you are considering some kind of frame to finish a piece you will want to decide whether you want to use a mat board or a mural board.
Mural boards offer a more artistic approach in painting your artwork in a frame, but take much more time to apply.
When thinking about a window or a wall you may be able to buy a ready made piece of artwork that would work well in a room.
9. If you are painting a mural, or a large piece of wall art you will want to determine what kind of paint and primer you will need. Depending on what you are painting, this may be a crucial part of the project.
Selecting paint you will want to make sure that you are looking for the perfect color. White and off white are the standard colors you may want to use. If you are going to cover the wall with a light color you will want a darker color to keep the look of the paint translucent.
10. After you have picked your color you will want to begin. What you want to do is paint a section of the wall using a brush with the darkest paint of your choosing, then use a roller to finish it off. These are the basic steps to painting.